Monday, April 11, 2011

First Ride of the Season

I was able to take advantage of the beautiful day today and get the bike out of the garage.  I took a 50 mile ride through Shaftsbury, over to White Creek, through Hoosick and down to Pownal on 346 before heading home.  The roads were in good shape, and I was pretty cautious with some of the gravel and frost heaves out there.

I made an unfortunate discovery - a mouse that was hanging out in the garage decided to make it's way into the saddlebag and eat a few holes into my rain pants!  I am on the lookout for some black duct tape to seal them up for now; Lena might be able to sew them back together...  Lesson learned - move my motorcycle items to storage over the winter next year!

Looking forward to more rides as the weather improves and more of my buddies get out on the road.  Yet again I want to get the guys and gals out for lunch - maybe that will happen this year ...

Be safe, and remember to LOOK TWICE FOR MOTORCYCLES !

"Luckenbach" - 1997 Yamaha Royal Star

No comments:

Post a Comment