Saturday, March 12, 2011

Hit 50 Miles Today

I swam with the local Masters group this morning. Lots more swimmers in the pool as the triathletes are starting to get back into the water. Nice to see more than the usual handful of faithful hitting the water.

I have been doing my best to taper for the big New England championship meet at Harvard this coming weekend, so I swam the posted workout instead of my own (main set courtesy of Meg and Jill with the BAM), adding a longer warm up and some extra pulling at the end. Here is what it looked like ...



800 w/u (200 Free, Back, Fly/Breast drill)

Main set:
3x 
4 x 75 on 1:30 (sprint middle lap, target time for me was :45 seconds)
1 x 300 on 4:30 (work long and strong strokes and bilateral breathing)

2 x 150 pull (free then back)

100 w/d
(total: 3000 yards in just over an hour)



This workout got me to the 50 mile mark through the USMS fitness log. I do not count any dry-land/running time with this log, just straight swimming. Trying to get into the water 2-3 days a week, usually for an hour at a time.

Keep swimming long and strong, and looking forward to SCY championships in just one week!

No comments:

Post a Comment