Monday, February 21, 2011

Final Results: 2011 Metrowest YMCA Valentine's Love To Swim Master' Classic

This was a great meet in Framingham, MA. I swam with the the Bennington Masters in the morning, an 1800 yard workout, then drove the 2 hours to Framingham with my son Preston for the afternoon meet. I ran into Jim from Cape Cod, and while in the stands a guy asked me which Marauders I was from. After a short talk, we realized that I used to coach Matt when he was 10 years old and living the Bennington area! How cool is
that?

The meet went quickly, and Matt swam the push-pull race with me, in which he grabbed my ankles and kicked as I pulled the first length, then we traded spots on the way back.  We had the winning time and got ribbons and some treats.

My results are below - it felt good to get below one minute in the 100yard Backstroke, which was my goal for the day.  The two freestyle events felt really quick, too - overall a great time, and it was nice to be able to drive home that evening and avoid paying any hotel charges.  I plan to head back again next year to this competitive but fun meet..


MetroWest YMCA Masters Meet (2/19/11)

Men's Results:          Seed       Finals
 
Men 30-34 50 Yard Freestyle
  1  Leake, Michael      26.30       24.37
 
Men 30-34 100 Yard Freestyle
  1  Leake, Michael      58.95       53.45
 
Men 30-34 100 Yard Backstroke
  1  Leake, Michael    1:02.90       59.45
 
Men 30-34 100 Yard Individual Medley
  1  Leake, Michael    1:07.10     1:04.06   

No comments:

Post a Comment